Long time, no internet…I needed a break from updating and keeping track of too many different accounts for awhile. However, I decided to start blogging again (likely with more pictures, less text, to keep things manageable) for VeganMoFo the III (Vegan Month of Food). This will mean blogging every day, or almost every day, for the rest of the month. So, sometimes it will be short cooking tips, or pictures of simple meals, and other days I will post some of the more complex recipe posts I’ve been putting off (like puris…).
Now, in honour of official World Vegetarian Day, I give you what I ate for supper-
Simple Sesame Greens, Zucchini and Beets
- zucchini, chopped into half rounds
- a small beet, also chopped into half rounds
- a minced green onion
- a leaf or two of kale, chopped
- a couple teaspoons to a tablespoon of cooking oil
- sesame seeds, as many as you like
- a splash of sesame oil
- soba noodles (if you’re rich, go for the real ones, but if you’re poor, you can get ones that are partially buckwheat flour, partially wheat flour)
Cook your soba noodles following the instructions on the package. Chop your veggies, heat your cooking oil in a frying pan, and sauté the beet, zucchini and onion for a minute or two. Add your kale, sesame seeds, and a little sesame oil, and cook until the kale just begins to wilt. Don’t over-cook. Eat the veg over the soba noodles.