Three gardens. One salad. Devoured by many. This is a sneak peak of one of the recipes that will likely be in my cookbook, with more exact measurements and instructions attached.
The potatoes are from the organic community agriculture project that I’ve become a part of (aka, we finally have veg baskets in Saskatchewan like the ones everyone else is bragging about!), the spinach, radishes and green onions were from my friend’s garden that I’m helping tend in return for produce, and the herbs were my doing!
Now, let’s see if I can remember the ingredients…
– potatoes, cut into smallish cubes and boiled, skins on
– a large handful of fresh spinach
– some green onions, chopped
– a few garden radishes, thinly sliced
– chopped fresh dill and chives
Toss together, then add a dressing made of
– a little extra virgin olive oil
– a good splash of chive flower vinegar (where you’ve soaked chive flowers with vinegar, turning the vinegar pink and flavouring it, a trick I took from Where It All Vegan, I think). Or, I bet cider vinegar would work well too
– a little dry mustard
– freshly ground salt and pepper
I think that was everything. I’ll add an update if I remember any forgotten ingredients.